Nephew allegedly killed his uncle with gym equipment and dumped his body in closet
In a shocking incident, a Las Vegas man allegedly killed his uncle using gym equipment and hid the body in a closet. The incident, which has sent ripples through the community, involved a 27-year-old man named Jorge Portell and his 56-year-old uncle, Leonell Blandon.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department reports that the incident began when Portell's mother received a distressing call from her brother, Blandon. He claimed that Portell was "out of control," throwing chairs and other objects at him. Alarmed, she left work to intervene.
8 New Now reported that, upon arriving home, she found a chilling scene. There was blood on the floor and walls, and Portell was in the process of cleaning it up. When she asked about Blandon's whereabouts, Portell refused to divulge any information. This prompted her to leave the trailer and call the police.
Unsettling Discovery: Body Found in Closet
When the police arrived, they found Portell still attempting to clean the blood from the floor. He claimed that he had "followed the rules of engagement," suggesting that his uncle had attacked him and he had to defend himself.
Portell then made a shocking admission to the police. He said,
"I'm going to cut the [expletive], he's dead in my closet."
He also revealed that he had used a "metal object" in the incident. The police subsequently discovered Blandon's body in the guest bedroom closet, barricaded behind a glass table and other objects. Medical personnel pronounced Blandon dead at the scene.
A Home Turned Battleground
The report further revealed that Blandon, who was experiencing homelessness, had been invited to live with Portell and his mother until he could get back on his feet. However, the living arrangement was far from peaceful.
Portell's mother told the police that her son had been battling a drug problem since he was 14. His troubled past included selling marijuana in high school, being abusive towards the mother of his child, and multiple instances of "aggressive behavior, drug use, and suicide attempts."
She also described Portell as being "mentally wasted" and prone to "talk crazy about the FBI and the government." His relationship with Blandon was described as "not well."
Portell's Bizarre Claims
When the police questioned Portell, he made some bizarre claims. He denied that Blandon was his uncle and accused him of "engaging in genocide and multiple murders" with the military and the president of the United States.
Portell claimed that Blandon had been "provoking" him to "trigger a response," but he couldn't explain how. He admitted that his actions were "not ideal."
"The action I committed was inappropriate," Portell told police.
A Gruesome End
Portell confessed to the police that he had attacked Blandon with a 10-pound plate used on a dumbbell. He said that Blandon had tried to escape, but he had chased him, held him back, and struck him multiple times on the head with the weight.
After assuming that Blandon was dead, Portell dragged his body to the bedroom closet and barricaded the door with a table and other objects.
Portell now faces charges of open murder with a deadly weapon and kidnapping in the first degree. He is currently being held at the Clark County Detention Center, with a court appearance scheduled for July 3.
This tragic incident serves as a stark reminder of the devastating consequences of unchecked aggression and substance abuse. It also highlights the importance of mental health support and intervention in preventing such horrifying outcomes.
- A Las Vegas man named Jorge Portell allegedly killed his uncle, Leonell Blandon, using a 10-pound weight and hid the body in a closet.
- The incident began with a distressing call from Blandon to Portell's mother, claiming that Portell was "out of control."
- Upon arriving home, Portell's mother found blood on the floor and walls, and Portell cleaning it up.
- Portell admitted to the police that he had killed Blandon and hid his body in the closet.
- Portell had a history of drug problems and aggressive behavior, and his relationship with Blandon was described as "not well."
- Portell made bizarre claims to the police, denying that Blandon was his uncle and accusing him of serious crimes.
- Portell confessed to attacking Blandon with a 10-pound plate used on a dumbbell, and barricading his body in the closet after assuming he was dead.
- Portell now faces charges of open murder with a deadly weapon and kidnapping in the first degree.